View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #41
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadians14sr20det View Post
Get a vibration measuring app for your phone. I used "Vibrations" on a samsung s6 edge. It uses the accelerometer and microphone to figure out the mechanical and audio vibration. It's pretty accurate surprisingly. I just set my phone on the valve cover and opened the throttle to 4000rpm. Then you can convert the vibration from Hz to rpm by doing this:

http://www.kylesconverter.com/freque...ons-per-minute

If you get a Hz reading of say 134, you know the vibration is occuring at 8000RPM or twice every crank rotation if your are revving the motor to 4000RPM and holding it there. Generally, if it happens in the first order, look at your rotating assembly (flywheel, crank, pistons/rods and balancer). If it happens at the half order (or less) look at your valvetrain. If it happens at the second order good luck, it can be a ton of things. Read up on vibration analysis in machinery for more on this. Hope that helps!
yeah that defiantly gives me something to try. thanks.

are you 100% you ruled out the motor by putting on the sr bell housing? it sound like your tests of clutch in/out dont point towards the trans. Just trying to make sure you dont overlook anything.

just wondering: how high does your mount system hold the trans? I heard they hang below the frame rail with kits on the market
wurley is offline   Reply With Quote