View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #42
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurley View Post
yeah that defiantly gives me something to try. thanks.

are you 100% you ruled out the motor by putting on the sr bell housing? it sound like your tests of clutch in/out dont point towards the trans. Just trying to make sure you dont overlook anything.

just wondering: how high does your mount system hold the trans? I heard they hang below the frame rail with kits on the market
I can't be 100% sure it's not in the motor. It doesn't do it particularly badly unless the car is under load. Only way to be 100% sure would be to swap back to a known good sr20det trans. However I'm pretty sure it's in the trans as the car did not have this noise at all before the swap.

The motor mounts I'm using are filled oem ones. They feel similar to a buddy of mine's nismo ones, but they sit lower to help with transmission clearance at the top of the tunnel. It definitely hangs below the frame rails, but less so than some other z33 swaps I've seen.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote