View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #105
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive been thinking about the other stuff I wanted to say

Before I start I want to say that while I still blame America, I don't have any problem with v8 cars. It's the American mentality. I've lived in Japan on and off for over ten years(most of my life) and seeing stuff happen in America when your out of the country really affects how you see things. It's a 1-up type thing where everything has to be done bigger, faster, and your car better make more power than the person before you. That's why cars like the new charger and challenger come with 400+ horsepower, but then have to spin 20 inch wheels from the factory. For the most part, here in Japan, just being a car guy(or girl) is enough. If you love your car and like how your car looks, so be it.

But using a drift scion with a crate v8 as a marketing tool for the brand when a scion is not rear wheel drive or a v8 engined car is where the line should be drawn.
If it was a private thing where some guy and his garage decided to chop up a scion to drift it it would not seem nearly as bad as a factory-backed facade.

And i think that's it for now.