View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #93
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive neglected my build for some time due to being so busy with work and the end of the semester. This was my last week of class so I finally got a little bit done.

We pulled my exhaust off in preparation of pulling the engine. I thought it sounded cool with just an open downpipe so I took this stupid little video

Installed the flywheel

Removing the pilot bearing/bushing was a real pain in the ass. The method we used was packing the area with lithium grease and using something like a socket extension as a plunger to create hydraulic pressure to actually "press" it out. It took a while but it finally started coming out enough to grab it with some pliers. It broke a bit, but we got it out.

After that, got the clutch installed. Will need to insert this picture later as I forgot to snap one.

I got in my turbo outlet that I had been waiting on. Ordered on 02/12 and came in on 05/06 . The new Tomei outlet, its pretty sick!!

Picked up this vacuum manifold

So my buddy and I started getting the KA ready to pull out. Unfortunately one of the motor mount nuts rounded so we had to drill a hole in it and use a BFScrewdriver as a punch and hammer it off.

Around 1am last night is when the motor came out.. Im sure my neighbors were like wtf is going on out there

JBB is offline   Reply With Quote