View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Update May 27th

The Honda Way in Abbotsford has contacted me again this year and they are going to be providing us with some really special raffle items again. They indicated it would be trips someplace but didn't elaborate as they are still working out the details. For those of you that attended last year you will remember that The Honda Way donated two tickets to Las Vegas for two and a trip to Calgary to do the Allen Bergen F1 school (which by the way we have another one of these for this year but it must be used by September).

Other than that money has started to trickle in. Please if you can contact me and pay for your tickets to get it out of the way and to allow me to pick up some nice raffle items for the event. Food and Facilities are now paid for so this is rain or shine.

Again this is a poker run where we will leave Victoria (either as a group or you can go individual or with a separate group). We hit 7 checkpoints on our way to Mt Washington Resort. It is about a 3.5 hour ride. At each checkpoint you will receive a playing card. When you get to the final destination you will have 7 cards to make your best poker hand out of..., I will post up all the poker hands later just in case you not a poker player. Doesn't matter though as the judges will make the highest hand for you so you don't need to know anything about poker. You can purchase mulligan tickets which allow you 3 times to swap a card at a checkpoint. Winners come from the best, second, and third hands. There is also raffles going on during dinner where you can pick up some very cool swag for next to nothing. Raffle tickets are $5, $10, $25 dollar denominations.

This is an overnight event (although it can be done in one day and have you on a Ferry back to the mainland that evening if you want), if you want me to help with accommodations let me know as there is a special rate for this event (89.00 - 189.00 whatever you need).

I need to have all monies in by July 20th, drop dead date would be August 20th unless other arrangements are made (if you are absolutely sure you are attending and can't get the money to me till day of the event then just let me know and I will pay for you and you can pay me back).

Last edited by DDonovan; 06-06-2011 at 01:47 PM..
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote