View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #406
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: 8 Hours after 8 hours

Where the hell did 8 hours go?!! Well yesterday was "one of those days." It was good because I made a lot of un-noticed progress, but at the same time in my mind...I can pump out anything in 30 min haha. I got home around 3:15 after work and got straight to work. When I say "un-noticed" it's because sometimes there are things that you will never remember doing. For instance..you'll always remember when you got a new set of wheels. But you will probly never remember that you went to install a wheel hub and the bearing was shot. You'll remember what to do to fix it but the memory....its all selective haha. Everything I did yesterday fell under this category. I spent another 8 hours working on the car.

I got my order from Wirecare.com A bunch of braided sleeving in various sizes to clean up and help keep jagged edges from biting through anything important.

And I got my Modified Knuckles from David Campo. He did a great job on them, but I couldnt' leave the steel raw.

found some leftover flake from over 2 years ago!!! still sprays like a champ!

I started the install but......that's when I found my drivers side wheel bearing all jacked up. But here is the passenger side

Also needed to add a ground from the Battery to the engine. I chose the uppermost transmission to rear Iron bolt hole. Fit around the terminal nice and flush.

around the cage on the body side of it will wrap up nicely in the braided sleeving.
Battery connection

So I needed to address this mess

First thing was to separate everything. Mount all my components and THEN route everything/run wiring.
I had to angle grind off one of the welded bolts that stuck out of the trans tunnel for something OEM (don't even remember what it was for) but after that I got two solid positions for the Innovate products. Innovate Tc-3 and SSI-4. leaves position to plug in all necessary cables & inputs.

Also Mounted my Adaptronic Select in the foot well area. Half of it is recessed into the void and the other I'll be putting on the frame area. I liked this because it angled the ecu inputs towards the driver, which makes plugging in things and getting to it much easier. As you can see, I still have a lot of cleaning to do. The flake overspray gets everywhere!!!

And here is a horrible picture of my gauge and switch panel. I added a switch for my oil cooler fans.

That's it for pictures. But What was so frustrating yesterday was those things you don't hear about as well.

I let the neighbors kid sit in the drivers seat before the car went out for a cage and before I even thought about it he was mashing the breaks and clutch.. well by the time I noticed it was too late. SO now I have to re-bleed the system. only one clutch slave bolt was holding it in place with about 4 turns on it...well it bent the bolt and it was a bitch to back out because it was caddywhomped out and there is limited space... then I went to put the hub on.and it was jacked beyond supreme, and my roommate came home and moved my box that I was letting dry in the sun (Knuckles) and they fell in messing up the fresh coat, ......had to find the right size spacers to hard mount my kill switch on my panel and that was annoying, then when organizing wiring.. you just have to go at it and that takes time too. But All in all, that was a solid day. Better than finding out I need a new wheel bearing etc on the road. Today I'll be working on some wiring harnesses for customers after work so I won't be able to get too much done till I finish. but I'm going to order a new hub assembly from autozone. Lifetime warranty. Now that's a deal! And hopefully tonight I can finish up routing my ecu wiring/wideband/egt's/fuel pressure/oil pressure etc.

Updates soon!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote