View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 08:22 AM   #51
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDASilvias View Post
Link G4+ plug in - will do everything a Haltech can and the price point is hard to beat if you find the right seller on eBay (performance_downunder). Link is a NZ company, but the eBay seller has it listed in AUD. With the strong USD to AUD exchange ratio I got mine for $1167 shipped, for a NEO GTTLink. The R33 plug in is even less expensive. The interface is very intuitive, and any tuner with experience should be able to tune it as it is close to the Haltech format. It has some extremely nice features for the price, and their forums are very active with Link Reps and they are very good at helping figure out issues.

I originally looked at the PFC L-Jetro, but decided I wanted to go MAP. The PFC D-Jetro for the NEO was $1050, so the minimal bump up in cost resulted in a much better ECU with the Link G4+. The PFC is solid tech, but it is true that it is aging. The Link is cutting edge, and well worth it in my opinion.

Watch some HP Academy videos on the Link, they are very informative.

Just my 2 cents. The AEM and Haltech are also very good.
link is absolute garbage from my experience and their customer service leaves something to be desired. bought one of their g4 plug in systems for my car and wouldnt start the car or connect to the laptop right out of the box, brand new ecu. spent a week trying to sort it out with the link rep by email from NZ but still wouldnt start the car or connect to the laptop. (car had ran perfectly fine before). link rep blamed my setup but eventually said to return it to factory for diagnosis. after a while i was told it was a bad ecu and there was a service charge to fix a brand new ecu. luckily i paid with pp and was able to file a claim to get my refund. bought a haltech and it connected to the laptop and started the car on the first attempt. went to the link website to post the issue with their plug in ecu, the post lasted maybe 8 hours.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote