View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 04:00 AM   #61
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for another update.
I had a single day where i went to look at the car. This time i had to do something different.

My friend who are creating the oilpan for me, asked me if i can figure out how much space there is for a intake and exhaust manifold as he would like to design these. So i had to figure out how to get these measurements. The car is 360km away from him, so its not possible for him to go and do the measurements himself.

After a LOT of research, i found a solution. My friend is a technical designer among other things, so if i could create the enginebay digitally, he can work with that. So the solution is a 3D scanner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B86oz2unQtz/

So now he can create everyting without even getting his hands dirty :P
Next stop, is to 3D scan the CA18DET engine.

I also had an extra instrumentcluster. Here i thought about adding the Defi Advance ZD into. But after a lot of playing around, its not possible due to the 2 buttons on it.
Instead i wanted to create a Carbon face to make it a bit more exclusive. The face will be made of only 2 layers of carbonfiber cloth - wich means its only around 0.4mm thick! Perfect for this application.

My mechanic took the valves out of the head, and they look pretty good. No need to change anything here

Last but not least, I have to do some fiberglass work, so we can get the car ready for paint.
The rear valances have to be extended around 2-11mm to follow the OEM lines and the right overfender had to be shortened 2mm in the end.
Nothing a bit of fiberglass cant handle :P

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links