View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 09:34 AM   #66
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess the devil is in the details.
I have a spare instrument cluster, so i wanted to install my Defi Advance ZD instead of the rpm. But after some looking around, i noticed its not possible as i couldnt access the bottoms. So i wanted to do something else.

Ive previous been working with carbonfiber, i figured it could be cool to have inside the instrument cluster.

I started with a small piece of carbon i had laying around. As its only 2 layers of carbon cloth, its very thin. but its perfect for this application because we dont need any strength.

I cut it down and sanded it so it would fit inside the instrumentcluster.

And remember, ALWAYS use a mask when cutting or sanding carbon fiber.

After all the cutting and sanding it was washed to remove the dust. Then its time for some epoxy. Here i can give it some extra color/glitter. and it gives me the possibility to wetsand it so it gets extremely glossy.

I also painted the surrounding plastic as previous owner painted it purple, so i found some mat black that fits the whole theme.
Together with the carbon, it looks really good and clean.

It all went pretty well, so i decided to make some more.

Next stop is to cut out for all the gauges.
This part sounds easy, but as the piece is very thin, and the holes are small an narrow, it makes it very difficult - Please excuse the rough cuts, I still havent sanded all the edges yet.

I have these cutouts leftover that i dont know what to use them for. Does anyone have any idea?
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote