View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 04:54 AM   #74
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
I started putting the interior back into the car as soon as possible as its taking up a LOT of space. I left the dash out, as i still need to access a lot of stuff under it.

And as there was some surface rust in the back of the car, i choose to remove the subframe and fuel tank. Also because theres no diff or axles in the subframe. So its easier to install everything when its out of the car. (And the pump for the Diff-cooler is impossible to install when the subframe is in place)
The subframe have been powdercoated a few years ago, so it just needed a quick clean.

I painted the diff and axles so theyre ready to go back into the car.

I also had to cut the dust cover to fit the bigger 300ZX Z32 brakes

As you can see under the car, theres was some surfacerust.
I went crazy with a steel brush to remove everything, treated the bare metal with BrunoX Epoxy and brushed on a layer of Tectyl BodySafe

The brakelines were old and nasty, so i made new ones for the back of the car

The Fueltank was a nightmare. The buttom was nice and clean, but the top was nasty and have a lot of surfacerust
I removed all loose rust and gave it epoxy, then Zinc and ended up with some black paint. Matt on the top, and shiny on the bottom. And also did install new and nice StP sound deadening to protect the fueltank from rubbing on the chassis

So fueltank is back in

And also the subframe

I still need to make fuel lines and brakelines from the front of the car. But that have to wait untill it gets painted
I did try to print a tool to straighten the fuel lines. and it actually works fine. The first version did break though :/