View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 10:01 AM   #83
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
And part 2 of the huge update.

The engine was still low on compression, so i had to take it apart again. My mechanic told me it could be the hydraulic lifters that needs a good clean. So i took it all apart again.

And once again i have to put the engine back together.

Went to do yet another compression test, and this is the result:
Cylinder 1:

Cylinder 2:

Cylinder 3:

Cylinder 4:

So yeah, car is going to a workshop soon so they can fix it. Im not gonna touch the engine anymore.

And my wife, dog and I went across europe (1600km each way) for christmas. and ofc, we took my Mazda CX-5. And guess what... With my luck we got a check engine light. got the errorcode read out at a Mazda dealership, and they told us it was an exhaust sensor that was bad - typical issue on these engines. but safe to drive home.
Well... when we drove home from vacation, 400km after we left, engine lost power. And this was the 31 of december at 5pm. no power so we rolled it 1200km home with a topspeed on 120km downhill. We got home, called the dealership and told them the problems and now the car is at their place. They also told me the intake is full of soot and it has to be cleaned. Luckily i have 6 months of warranty