View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #607
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
If any of the R200V (S, J, Q, etc) bolts up to Q45 ring gear, how is it there are no LSD options for the Q45?? The pumpkin is what determines axles, so essentially that is a non issue.

In terms of your second point. Do you mean the front tilted up or down?? Not sure how you can tilt forward. The front two bolt points are wider by .5". The rear bolts directly into the rear subframe via either the single bolt or the twin bolt cover (which covers are not swappable with the standard R200 and R200V carriers due to the diff housing being .5" wider), which actually places the diff in the correct plane. From what I am seeing, the diff sits correctly and I haven't seen otherwise.

Either way, it seems you can bolt a OBX Helical to the Q45 ring gear......which allows one to use a Z32 axle. So with that said, it seems any R200V spec diff bolts up to the Q45 ring gear.

I have no desire to deal with the Maverick motorsports diff bushing, aligning the upper and lower bushings for the front mounts and having to deal with frankensteining stubs and dealing with axle lengths. Which gets me no where closer to bolting up any of choice of diffs I have here and a fair amount of sunken costs as I am still left with either a Viscous or an open LSD......none of which appeals to me. It would only be beneficial if it is determined a standard R200V LSD bolts to the ring gear of a R200H from a 350Z (which I am finding out the R200V is not compatible with the R200H ring gear).

Anyways, thanks for the input. Moving on from this topic.
Your use of the term pumpkin is confusing, this isn't Ford solid axle, lol.
R200 really only refers to the size of the ring gear (200 mm). Doesn't help that Nissan has a bunch of differentials in this size, but are all different and calls them all R200 diffs.

Here's some good reading with pics on why an S15 HLSD wouldn't fit in a Z33 differential carrier. https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...questions.html
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote