View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #81
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Never have truer words been spoken.
More than that, 240's are getting to the point that to make one nice you're buying a RESTORATION project. 20+ year old trims and seals are not going to be good, no matter how nice the rest of the car is. Restoring a car is not cheap, or easy.

I'll expand on my previous statement of calling the 240 (S13) a "cult classic" and just call it a regular Japanese classic car. I was thinking about it yesterday and the following of these cars is rather broad to call it a "cult classic". The interesting thing about the 240's is that they were not very popular as new cars. This is also contributing to the current price of the used ones. As these cars age they may gain value faster than other, more popular when they were new, Japanese classic cars.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote