View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 09:05 PM   #10
Chief 1402
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
Chief 1402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
As promised, i went with the frontier one which is the same as the B14 one.

Here are the pics obviously the clean one is the new one lol, you could probably make it work, however i dont want to cut up trims or the part. In the pics you will see the holes dont really line up and when you force the back ones, its only a matter of time before they break off. The front would be unsupported and make the problem worse. Additionally when you force the back screws in, it jams the window and door lock forward making them difficult to operate. I did have a look at the wiring, it is simple enough and will work.

over all length

as you can see it kind of lines up.

however for it to line up none screw holes match up.

If you cut the front screw holes off the trim as well as the bracket, you can kind of wedge it in, however it bends the trim and im not sure it will clear the door panel.

I appreciate the pictures and additional info you?ve contributed to this idea!! I bought a new oe window switch trim for the driver side, with the intent to cut/shave the 4 mounting holes down, and the new frontier window switch the mounting holes and housing are going to have to be cut/shaved. Want to get everything lined up and make sure it?s 100% and I?ll probably just run epoxy or something around the trim to make sure the trim and switch stay put together.

I don?t know wiring, tried looking at a wiring diagram for the windows on the two cars hoping to find out which wire is for what and can?t make heads or tails of it. And only 3-4 wires on the frontier pigtail even match my 240 wiring. Going to take it all to a friend who does wiring and give you guys an update soon
Chief 1402 is offline   Reply With Quote