View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #190
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadon View Post
Love the car but i feel like it could really ise a spoiler. Maybe something really subtle like a gp sports style.
I wanted a 3 piece hatch lip spoiler but they don't make them in carbon, it wouldn't match my seibon hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood Jablomie View Post
Those gold plated blitz making me feel things I never have before....
lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewr4411 View Post
Yes those Blitz came out perfect. Im glad he stuck with them even after all the hassle from his initial purchase.

2stepGoesPowPow:

if you had to estimate how much $$$ do you have tied up into your 2jz swap?

has it ever made you wonder if you should have gone with an LS instead? I'm trying to get different points of view from guys who own LS's and those who own 2j's, so It can help me with making my decision for my swap.
Yeah, i didn't let all the hassle discourage me from getting exactly what i wanted.

With my first turbo setup last year i was in the motor about 10k. [rough estimate, possibly a little more] After changing setups this year I'm in it about an additional 3200.

I love JDM motors/cars/culture. I don't care much for LS motors especially N/A, they're boring and all the same In my opinion. LS swaps are more common than 2jz swaps in S chassis, and as everyone knows the stock block power capability. Although i would like to someday build a FC rx7 with a pro charged LS. Thats the only LS project that really appeals to me. I also got lucky my 2jz cost me $2000 when i bought it. Now most JDM motor sellers have raised their prices to 2800 for the non-vvti's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I was a little bummed when you ditched the kouki aero, but I also have a soft spot for properly done sil80's and that's looks great.

Keep it up!
Lol, the Type X front bumper fit like crap with the fiberglass fenders i had. With more and more people going with type x aero i had no inspiration to buy oem fenders and have them painted to fit good. OEM Silvia aero bumper's are also more rare than type-x bumpers so i decided to go that direction since luckily someone local had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
very nice build! ( just read the whole thread )
Thank you!