Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 09:24 PM   #608
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I had a little bit of time today to finalize the “mid-pipe”. I need to add a brace from the transmission support but other than that, it’s ready to be fully welded. It hangs down roughly .5” - .75” at the front frame rail, the rest is tucked up until it hits the cat-back. The last photo is a shot of the thermal couples.

Here is the Furick kit I picked up last week. It was not cheap, but they are top notch components. This is the Jazzy 10 cup I am using for shielding gas. SS, incolnel, Ti and a few others are very susceptible to oxidation, so it’s important to flood the puddle area with argon.

I also grabbed a damaged bottomend this weekend to add sleeves to. This one happened to have JE pistons and Eagle rods. Head came with Tomei cams, BC springs/retainers and a valve job not long ago. I will be flipping most of it.