Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Continuing on with the build...

I purchased Tomei adj. cam gears, Mazworx proprietary headstuds and an Apexi HG.

With the parts above I was able to get the head bolted up and cams/gears installed...

I cut the mounting tab off the DET water neck, ground it down and bead blasted it to get it back to a factory texture...

I stripped, degreased, bead blasted, and had AN fittings welded to the VC. Then I painted it with Duplicolor paint and cleared it...

Somewhere at this point I took the motor up to Mazworx. I wanted a professional shop to set up the cam gears and make sure they were on centerline. While the motor was at Mazworx, I cleaned and organized the garage enough to squeek the car in. Now I could finally start tearing the remaining items out to prep for some repairs and paint.

One of the repairs needing attention. Some how rust formed between the pinch weld here. I had to drill out spot welds, remove the damaged metal and reweld in a new piece...

After a few weeks the motor was ready to be picked up. Being that I was out of town on business for a few weeks my father picked my motor up for me. Once it was home, I started bolting items back on to it...

Exedy, Mazworx trans adapter plate and VC bolted on...

Modified waterneck to accept the S14 SR's 1" coolant hose...

I mocked up the IM once more for the hell of it... I forgot how huge it was until I bolted it on every time...

My turbo finally arrived, so I rushed home after work to slap it on. Obviously it was for mock up purposes only, but it looks pretty sick...

Thanks for looking, more to come...