Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
I have lost all interest in my SR build after seeing how big those intake ports are. I had no idea there was that much of a difference!

Do work man! Looking good!
Thank you sir! I too was unaware of the difference in port sizes. I had both heads side by side at one point to look at. It's amazing that they are both SR heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Let me know how you like your GTX turbo once its all running. I have been waiting for over a year now for my BW EFR turbo and will most likely be switching to a GTX series if it takes any longer hah
Marvin, I will let you know how I like it. I had a GT3071R on the old SR setup, so I can't really compare the two. Either way, boost should come on soon and strong. I'm hearing these new GTX turbos hit like your being rear ended.

Anyway, more on the build...

Once I finished with the sensor, I went on to making an aluminum bracket to mount my VVL solenoid block to the passenger strut tower. I wanted to hide the block as much as possible, so this was the final mounting location. I actually had to flip the bracket 180 because once the IACV was mounted on the underside of the manifold, it wouldn't allow the manifold to bolt up to the head. I ended up with an 1/8 gap between the IACV and the solenoid block when the IM is bolted into place. Then I ran the feed/purge lines to their respective ports.

I think around the beginning of the year I had my manifold and turbo ex. housing sent to Zfever so they could get it thermal coated for me. I went and picked it up two weeks later on my way to a dyno meet in Tampa.

As plenty of us know, when you remove the condenser from an s-chassis it leaves a huge void on the sides of the radiator. So, with a little time I had available, I made some airdams for the sides of the radiator. It's 1/8 aluminum, we have an abundance of it at work, so I cut what I needed. Air obviously travels in the path of least resistance, so leaving those holes unattended would've lowered my cooling efficieny and SR's have a tendancy to run hot, so this was a little bit of insurance. I will be sealing the tighter areas with some weather stripping, however this alone is a cheap and effective mod and will serve it's purpose. Dont mind the bent fins, I'll be straightening the majority of them out. I've had this radiator since 06' and it's treated me well. The hole in the second picture is for my oil cooler lines. I plan to have my cooler mounted right behind the grill. More on that later.

I converted my old atmospheric oil catch can into a vacuum sourced catch can. I'll be utilizing an exhaust venturi for the vacuum source, which stills needs tobe installed into my down pipe.
Making the lines and lines completed below...

Oil cooler lines thus far. I need to purchase some more line to finish the run from the thermostat to the cooler itself.

And my throttle cable that is hidden until it pokes out to land in the bracket.

At this point I've begun to slow down on the build. A lot of little things that are getting put together, but they aren't interesting. I've also started the relocation of the fuse/relay box and I'll get pictures of it when it's mounted. It's a very tedious task doing the wiring, a lot of patience is needed. Sometimes I swear I have tourette's and scream obscenities when I screw up or get lost. Thanks for looking, still pluggin away at her. I'll leave it with a current status picture of the engine bay.

Last edited by jr_ss; 05-15-2012 at 03:52 PM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote