View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 02:49 AM   #23
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts. I enjoy more of the longform ones with guests who are interesting and great story tellers. Some as of late include:

*Tim Ferriss - amazing interviewer and conversater

*Armchair Expert w/Dax Sherpard - all star guest lineup

*Making Sense w/Sam Harris - long time fav, discusses current topics, politics, cultural issues, AI, religion, meditation, fascinating and difficult conversations. He always phrases things so well, in a way I wish I could be good at.

*QAnonAnonymous - sometimes frustrating, often hilarious

*No Dogs In Space - Marcus from LPOTL does this w/his wife and it's awesome; complete deep dives into bands and their origins, how their music developed and evolved, what happened through their careers, etc. The best part is they play clips from songs of theirs AND influences on the band throughout the episodes, so you get a mixture of music and podcast all in one. It's awesome.

*Last Podcast on the Left - My favorite one. Fucking hilarious. 3 guys: one story teller, one comedian who knows nothing, and one loud mfer who yells and does all the impressions/provides other perspectives on the topics including, aliens, cults, serial killers, all things occult. Everything is wrapped up in constant jokes. Always a good time.

Music wise, I've been listening to some 2000s rock. Recent favorite album is Hello Master by Priestess. Every song bangs. Also re-discovered Foot In Mouth Disease by GOB. Just some good punk/alt rock I would say.

Does anyone use Tidal for their music listening platform? I just got into it from a friend. Major upside is they use a higher bitrate for a lot of available music, and it sounds WAY better than Spotify, for example.