Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #297
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
So, it's been awhile since I've updated this...

As I left off, I sent the harness back to be inspected by ChaseBays. They did not find anything wrong with the harness, in fact the wiring at the Hall sensor was 100% correct. So, when I got the harness back, I expected to have spark and all to be good right? Not so fast. Once I reinstalled the harness, I still had no spark. I called Steve and had him verify all the settings and send me a new map, that still did not change things.

So, I started investigating the problem myself. I called Mazworx for direction, verified the harness from the sensor was correct and again spoke with Will at ChaseBays. He verified that it was and even went as far as stating that he was there when the tech tested and diagnosed the sensor wiring. Poking around the Haltech wiring schematics and knowing what the wiring pins were suppose to be, I did a quick repining of two of the four Hall sensor wires thinking this was the issue. They were the trigger + and home +, which was previously unknown to me. Long story short, they had the home and trigger wires wrong at the ECU plug, which I corrected and then verified I had spark, which I did.

All happy and excited that I had spark, I figured I'd attempted to get the car to fire. Crank, crank, crank and crank... bah! It backfired a few times but would not kick over. Steve thinks the ECU is dumping fuel apon start-up, which I need a special cable for my Wideband to connect to my Haltech for actual O2 readings and data logging.

The harness is on order and should be here this week. I'm so close it hurts to not hear/see this thing running. In the mean time I have been cleaning things up and reinstalling everything that was removed at the beginning of this long endeavor. I honestly cannot wait to be back behind the wheel cruising around town. More to come...

I'll leave these here for now. I have the blue tape to pull off yet, but everything but a fuse is in place. The engine bay is completely finished unless I've overlooked something.