View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #22
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I don't consider it a lie, you have been around for a bit too.

15 years ago, the large majority of drift guys and s-chassis owners were good dudes. That's my argument, not muscle or the general "car scene", but as it relates to this bubble we are in.

There is always crappy people, then too. But generally speaking, I think the percentages have flipped mightily today. I tend not to trust anyone in this scene at first pass anymore, and 15 years ago I would have had no issues with it %99 of the time.

Just my .02 of course. Not really a measurable way to prove or disprove that.
No, it's valid. 15 years ago you were also younger, dumber and there wasn't as much money to be made, so things seemed more innocent.

I do remember the mass influx of bandwagon jumpers, drift missiles, ratchet spec and drift-tax that was going on back in 2008.

My reference to Muscle Cars is that we're experiencing what that community had to deal with in the 90's and 00's.

Back in thr 80's a classic piece of iron was dirt cheap and easy to grab from some Granny in original condition. Suddenly Mid-life hit the boomers and Barret Jackson became a thing.

Prices skyrocketed and those fun trade-meets became a vipers pit as prices as everyone thought they where sitting on a retirement fund. eBay only expanded the buyer pool as everyone tried to cash in further driving prices.

We're also cursed since JDM cars have significantly lower production numbers, thinner sheet metal (rust) and higher plastic content (crack, rot). The market is a lot smaller and we won't be seeing huge companies jumping into to start making repops of every imaginable part.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote