View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #24
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
! ! R E N D E R I N G ! !

Apparently some of us forget that as we are looking at a mix of every single Nissan released in the last decade.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the looks at this point.

I am, however, going to comment on the prospective engine...

I think that the 1.6 is a decent fit for this. Lightweight and cheap, that is what Nissan is going for. So for those of you hoping for more than 250 hp from Nissan in this car, keep dreamin'! Going with a larger engine and more horsepower means that they would (for safety reasons) incorporate all their fun little VDCs and other idiot proof technology to keep some dummy from wrapping this car around a phone poll (although I bet it still happens). All of which adds weight and cost, wich effectivly defeats the whole concept of this car.

I would bet that some sort of variable valve technology finds its way into the turbo model. Which should beef up the torque and expand the power band. But, vv-t combined with a spin-happpy 1.6 ltr would make for a fun dd. Lets not forget that the CA18 could put down a little over 300 hp reliably with some after market massaging. So it won't be a bore if you don't want it to be.

Engine specs and design speculation aside, I don't expect Nissan to let us down with this car. Lets not forget, that the Toyota/Subaru car is looming just ahead, and competing in the same market segment. Nissan is going to have to get this car right the first time, or deal with possibly losing an entire segment/generation of the market.

But these are just my thoughts... based upon this...

! ! R E N D E R I N G ! !

Last edited by 91SuperS13; 11-03-2008 at 08:05 PM..
91SuperS13 is offline   Reply With Quote