View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #30
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by economix View Post
I purchased a 1994 180SX from Japanese Classics last year... I'm 50/50 on how I feel. I did get the price I wanted, however, upon picking it up and getting to inspect it, I could tell it was damaged at one point (likely in a light accident).
Sounds like a typical JC Car- former Drift Missile / Wreck that was hauled out of a field and got a new coat of paint and sold for collector grade money.

Quote:
The exhaust was pushed up into the lower body and had impact damage.
The pinch welds where you lift the vehicle were beat hard af - not uncommon imho however.
Disagree. My R32 has spotless pinch welds and frame rails. Your car was a beat missile/wreck. Crushed Pinch Welds would be a "Walk-away" for me. Again, hardly worth the collector grade money JC asks.

Quote:
The rear end is either welded or the subframe has some wonkiness to it - I haven't had a chance to really get into that but plan to with a NISMO LSD that I have.
Motor mounts were junk (replaced w Polys)

See above. Most guys see some car with new paint, body kit and a list of JDM Parts and go "Hella yeah!!". These are all red-flags. This means this car was owned by some Japanese Fuck-Boi who beat the shit out of it and threw it away. Fresh Paint and Body-Kit means Rust, Accidents and Trashed Body.

Missing Carpet and Rear Seats? Race Car or is it a Flood Recovery?

Quote:
Other things that bothered me was that it had some home made exhaust on the car. So they advertised an HKS exhaust but it was juuuust the muffler and the pipe itself was carbon steel and pretty much homemade or from 'other' vehicles.
Again, shows the dishonesty of JC. Should have been advertised as "custom exhaust or "pile of shit".

Quote:
Japanese Classics claims that Virginia State Police 'inspect' the car prior to sales.
That's because JC is a bunch of lying shit-bags trying to pass off wrecked cars and deflect any blame.

State Police are going to check basic things - headlights, brake lights, turn signals, cracked windshield and Vin Match. They are not doing a pre-purchase inspection.

Quote:
If this was the case, they did a SHIT ASS JOB. That exhaust mentioned above had just 1 hanger holding it up...and it was an OPEN ENDED TURNBUCKLE (WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK!?!?)
That's you boys at JC.

Quote:
When dealing with Japanese Classics, I recommend a few things...

1.Don't Buy from Them
Fixed that for you. Plenty of other importers, in fact hundreds of them. It's only going to get worse with the barrel being scrapped clean overseas. JC has had a reputation of dishonesty and peddling junk for 15 years now - they won't be getting better anytime soon.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote