View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 07:51 PM   #1287
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Honestly I haven't purchased pistons yet just the sleeves, rods, and ati. If your suggestion is to just go to 88mm to avoid the extra cost of machining the heads to remove the quench pads I might just do that.
Just to follow up our conversation.

Deshrouding the valves helps a lot with flow. However, that plays more into an NA motor than a forced induction motor. Now I?m not saying there aren?t benefits of doing it, but they aren?t going to be as beneficial. Quench helps, but there is always a fine line and grey areas. Talk to your tuners/engine builders.

If you?re going 90mm, it makes the most sense to open the chamber to match. One should note, this will drop static compression, so compensate for that. You can get custom pistons pretty reasonable when comparing to overall cost of a piston. I think Diamond charges 20$ per piston to make a single upgrade or change to their ?standard? piston. I would imagine the other companies are similar.

The VE head can benefit from exhaust side port work. The idea is to get the flow through the head, not just into or out of.