View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #66
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/...-axle-adapters

(sigh)

why anyone would run such a shitty product is totally beyond me. shit looks defective and ill-conceived right from the get-go.

if you surpass the limitations of the *all* the oem axles available, then man up and pay driveshaft shop for a proper axle setup. why waste your fucking time with these shitty adapters?
Yeah I made the mistake of buying them back when I posted that and finding out they don't work without a widened rear track width. The measurements they give on that site for required widths were not on there when I got them.

My only issue with driveshaft shop axles, is they are designed off of oem axle measurements, so on a lowered car I can see them having the same issue of stretched boots and overextended cv's no? That is unless you go with the Porshe 930 cv style axles. Basically overextending the cv's or exceeding the articulation that the cv can handle would most likely still cause problems no matter how much horsepower the axles are "rated" to handle.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote