View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 10:31 AM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It could be climate based too. The rate of expansion and contraction varies nationally and global based on the climate zone you live in. Most of the people seeing tank cracking are in arid climates or see extremely drastic changes annually. Perhaps this is more likely the case, than a strap too tight?
That could be part of it.

I've easily sold over a dozen S14 fuel tanks within the last year and it's one of the highest demand parts along with S14 window switches and OEM S14 Kouki front end pieces.

We've also had some pretty severe heat waves and droughts. I'm sure the higher temperatures in California have caused pressure build ups in S14's sitting causing them to eventually crack and fail.

I'm surprised no one has focused on a stamped steel version of this tank knowing how many Nissan's share the same model/design. That would be an easy 5000+ units sold considering the demand worldwide and the growing number of restorations. Hell, I would immediately switch over and never worry about that tank again.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote