View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:17 AM   #80
Olly
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
The corner lights are DMAX smoked.

NZ is now in total lockdown, you can visit the doctor or the supermarket and that's about it. I am glad we got to this point sooner rather than later but at the same time I'm going a bit stir-crazy at home.

This weekend I decided to embark on a project with my old headlights, I split the lights by heating them in the oven to 100*c for 14 minutes.

Then wet sanded down the old chrome housings.

Some satin black paint

Mocked them up and deleted the yellow fog (will replace with white LED)

I then gave the interior plastic a really good clean and was suprised as to how much dirt was on the inside of the lense. Back into the oven for 14 minutes at 100*c and it's super easy to just push the plastic back into the housings. I gave the front of the plastic lenses a quick compound and this was how they came up

These look so clean now, like too clean almost for how average the rest of the car is. You may asked why I bothered, but the twin brick headlights have completely different plugs and run No HID, so you have to retrofit all this sh1t and I did most of it but it didn't really work that well. I want to use the factory HID, the factory fog lights and the factory headlight adjustment instead of having scattered light everywhere.

My tomei manifold also arrived just before lockdown (literally the morning of lockdown). So yeah, once we get out - it's all go with tuning haha. Hope everyone is taking care.

Last edited by Olly; 04-01-2020 at 02:02 AM..
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote