View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 07:43 PM   #14042
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
I'm crossing my fingers though that legislation is passed (or executive order) that will delay or remove the absolutely abhorrent and crippling emissions measures on automobile manufacturing that is coming down the pipeline in the next decade or so.

"They" really do want people staying in their homes and only using public transportation lol. The death of an industry. Modern cars are SO expensive due to all these sensors and complex technology that "helps" drivers/pedestrians and is "safe."
I was thinking about this while working on my S13. it's my first s-chassis and I was able to disconnect everything and drop the entire front and rear subframe by myself. not a flex, just part of my point that it's the complete opposite of my 2019 daily driver.

it takes several sockets, extensions, swivels etc. to replace the spark plugs on my daily. the charge pipes have pipe clamps that can't be reached from the top. the plastic covering on the bottom of the car means that you can either jack up the car, or rest it on jack stands, because there isn't enough room for both.

with an S13, there's like 3 moving parts in my engine bay. I can replace the headers with 10 bolts. I can replace a timing chain with enough time and knowledge. not so easy on something 30 years newer. i know why it's happening, but i hate it...