View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #101
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Update

I did some more work this weekend as I took advantage of the wife being in Thailand still. Because of her absence I am doomed to a bad attitude, microwaveable or fast food only and working on my car every single little chance I get.
Anyways so here goes it.
Put the motor in the engine bay yesterday in order to determine where it sat so I could drill holes for intercooler piping. The Intake saide Hole is a 104mm Hole Saw, The Turbine Side Holes were a 73mm hole saw and a air saw that I used to modify a stock piping hole to fit a 70mm pipe. The Turbines are 60mm oultlet so the piping will immediately neck up to 70mm and under the car will go up again to 80mm. I know Bondo Sucks, but it is the only way I know of to fill in minor imperfections. Cake that shit on there and then sand it to nothingness that way it is only a one time application and that small little divit caused by the holesaw jumping and stuff liek that is taken care of without delaying you for days on end.
Looks like I will not have too many problems with the big twins in there but I have run into a problem with the Front wastegate not wanting to play nice with the motor mount, so I am going to modify it later on when I am working on engine stuff again.
I cut the core support in order to accompany a larger radiator with puller fans. According to the measuresments I took (I should be right in there, kind of tight but in there nonetheless. Once the core support was cut I cut up some sheet metal to start welding in so that the core support regains some of the strength it lost when I cut it (I took out the verticals so I got kind of worried about it) and also looks like it is supposed to be that way. So far so good, but I will not be done with that part until tomorrow. Pics Below.