Thread: Race in America
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #7
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
This thread will likely get pretty hairy in the future, just a prediction haha

I don't know the demographics of Zilvia, but I think may'be a higher proportion of people here are not white? who knows

Who has ideas on how to change the tide of race relations in America?

I assume your a talking basically about People with white skin's (Europeans and a good amount of Asians) relationship with people of other skin colors? Because between individual races, such as black and brown people, there is quite a bit of "racism" as well. this would get more complicated if we talked about how black people feel about mexicans or vice versa.

Also of we were talking about ethnicity it would get even more complicated, as many Hispanics dislike other Hispanics, Many whites/asians dislike other whites/asians, etc.

How do we change the negative perceptions of our people into positive ones?

what does are people mean? what race are you? are we talking about the S-chassis master race (IE everyone here on Zilvia hahaha), like how we as car people view others?

If your white, I don't really think we as white people are as racist as popular culture would make us out to be. I have never actually heard another white person say something racist, and not be joking. Or use a slur and it not being in reference to the slur itself. Now you could look up videos, or go to a white trash neighborhood, and probably hear something racist, but those really aren't the type of people who run societies general racial psychology

What do we do with the implicit biases we ALL have?

Bias exists partly because of reason, but mostly because of unfamiliarity. For instance if I work on Nissans all day and am used to them, and then have to work on a chevy and it's a PITA, I'll inherently develop a schism against chevy's. Because due to my familiarity with Nissans, I might forget all of the PITA moments I've had with them, and therefore recognize something different only by its unfamiliar faults.

I do think people have an eternal bias against people based on sexuality though, as what person here can say that no matter what, if their son turned out to be gay or a furry or some shit, they would not be to any degree disappointed? I don't think anyone here could say they would not be disappointed at all, as when people act righteous and say they accept gays or whatever, they look at that belief from the idea that it doesn't relate to them as a serious issue.
I would be disappointed in my son if he was a fag, and would likely try and force him to take a different name, but I think this reaction would be there no matter what world I was raised in or what lifestyle I had, as I think it is an inherent psychological condition of humans, based on their genetic predisposition to create children.

How do we shape the future of our country?

return to the inherent values of Western Civilization. Western Civilization is the gold standard of mankind, and I think if everyone assimilated to western culture and its values, regardless of race, there would be much less issues and racism

How do we change incarceration trends?

If you mean that fact that black people have a high proportion of US crime relative to their population size, I think that has to do more with Black Male Culture, than just people having black skin. Indians have very black skin, but do you see Indian-people in America having the same crime stats or promoting the same lifestyle?
You don't really see other cultures promote the same lifestyle as most black culture does. For instance I know black kids who were raised by white people or just classier blacks, who wouldn't dream of being criminal or acting/dressing like a thug. If your parent's smoke crack or have been incarcerated, or you're being raised by a single mother in the ghetto, you are almost doomed to failure, regardless off race, as there is no one there in your life to set the proper example.

My brother is a doctor, and my bro-in-law a policeman, and they tell me stories daily about the poor conditions many black kids live in, because their parents are on drugs/welfare, or their fathers are in prison for crimes.
I as an individual, don't see this supposed "system of white oppression", as almost everyone white person I know actively tries to help others, or be relatively fair.My mother works with poor black kids like every sunday, she doesn't have to, but she does.

Just legalizing all drugs wouldn't resolve basic cultural ideologies.

I think these incarceration trends could be reversed if we eliminated welfare, and black people actually started trying to set good examples instead of shooting each other and idolizing rich "criminal" rappers etc.

People just need to try, because they totally don't
Most of this supposed racism is just people making excuses for why they shouldn't try, or why they can't succeed because of the "system".

I just try to be chill with whoever, if people are dicks then i dislike them, no matter who they are.

Also
If race didn't exist, man would base his prejudice on religion, and if religion didn't exist man would base his prejudice on ideas, and if ideas didn't exist, man would be animal. people need a reason to be pissed as they are petty.

People just need to do their best no matter who they are, what culture or society they grew up in, and what race they identify with.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote