Thread: Ebola...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #13
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
If anything it highlights the failures of a state that resists federal funding and regulations on healthcare.
Hardly. Not every hospital is prepared to handle this kind of contagious virus. There's a reason the two American doctors were brought directly to the CDC, and not some Med Stop in the suburbs. Which leads to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Let's se how you react to obtaining a disease with a high fatality rate in a 3rd world country when you know your status provides you health care in America. This dude obtained ebola trying to save a pregnant woman's life. It's ppl with views like you that make ppl go on shooting rampages.
Did he disclose this information before he boarded a plane to come back to the US and openly admit that he may have the virus? Last few stories I read, he withheld that little piece of information. The two aforementioned doctors? Brought back in and taken care of and have recovered.

Don't try to make this guy into a white knight. What he did was selfish by coming back, regardless of what good intentions he may have had by going over there in the first place. His actions were selfish and have now caused at least 2 more people to become infected, and possibly more since the second nurse wasn't showing symptoms until AFTER a trip home to Ohio.

I do agree about what you said in regards to the small team that should be handling the situation, and that goes back to what I said about the first two cases being treated at the CDC. Knowledgeable staff on hand makes a world of a difference. If only he had notified someone first...

As for the TX vs the Fed to determine who was more wrong, I still stand by what I said that this administration has taken a real lazy approach to world events, and this is no exception. There is no leadership in the White House, and there hasn't been for the last 6 years, and it has made a mockery of what our govt (as a whole) should be. The only line of defense between Mr. Duncan and the country was the Federal govt and that is a fact cannot be disputed.

Also, I have no idea what you are insinuating about the "shooting rampage" comment...care to explain?