View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by G240 View Post
What I'm saying is that Rays manufactures wheels for professionals, who road race and require high end wheels needed for the rigors of that profession. They aren't making wheels for the average consumer such as you and I, there is no money in us. The bulk of their money is coming from Race Teams and Auto Manufactures that use their product. That money far exceeds their cost in research, design and the production of their wheels. We as a consumer don't support that to the extent that you feel we do.

You also have to consider that Rays has a manufacturing process in place. It’s the same process used for each wheel. It's not like they are recreating a new process each time they make another wheel. The process doesn't change, thats being cost effective. The design does and they test to make sure that the design meets the standard set by the professional, again not you or I

90% of the people on this forum do not require that level of quality and to suggest that it is needed, required by every person who owns a 240 is foolish. I don't drift, I don't road race, I don't need legit $2K-$3K wheels to take me to and from work or to Wal-Mart during the weekends.

Food for thought, if Rays really had a problem with company's knocking off their design, why don’t they sick their legal hounds on that company? It is a copy right infringement after all. More than likely Rays sold the design to someone else to make knock-offs. WIN-WIN says me.

Cheers!
G.
while you are fully entitled to your opinion, you must realize that motorsports is a test-bed, not a money maker. you think race teams pay retail for the wheels they get??? highly unlikely. usually there is a sponsorship deal in place. the average consumer provides the bulk of the manufacturers income. while i understand your desire to maximize the distance that your dollar goes, buying bottom-shelf wheels is not the answer. CLEARLY you don't want to spend $2-3k on a set of wheels, but a set of gram lights is now in the $15-1600 range, rpf1's can be found in the $1k range, fn01-r also in the $1k range.

once again, the issue is with your lack of desire to purchase a quality product.

as far as the legality issue, that is an entire other thread altogether, but the long and short of it is its very difficult to sue a company in another country that is infringing on a domestic patent/trademark/copyright. (especially if the copier is in china, they give none fucks about knocking off protected goods)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote