View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 01:43 AM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
My original 95' tank was fine until I went over some really rough roads out in the middle of nowhere. I took the car wayy out to no mans land for some test and tune and found the worst possible road I've ever seen, it really rattled the car up. Came back and smelled fuel... uh oh. The crack location was standard but I have a feeling if I never went over that rough road it would still be fine. Now I just keep a spare tank handy and reinforce them with sports tape, glued using HDPE adhesive using proper prep and heating. And add padding to the straps using cloth and undercoating. The metal strap on plastic just seems like a terrible idea in the first place, I can't believe they did it like that.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote