View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 12:45 PM   #11
irish_idiot

Trader Rating: (0)
irish_idiot is an unknown quantity at this point
The s14 I bought I bought from a grandpa who took really good care of the car, the fuel tank was perfectly fine in their ownership until my three months into using it as a daily was when I started having this gas leak problem. It cracked along the passenger side where the strap goes? I think the small vibrations and bumps in the road causes it to crack.

I initially took the tank to San Marcos plastics to have it plastic welded but the "patch" that was done started leaking again after 3 weeks of driving it normally.

One thing I did notice is in Cali climate as of late, during extreme weather changes such as really cold to hot during the day would cause further stress, because during the entire time that it was cold in the winter I had 0 problems, but as soon as it got warmer and going through a heatwave suddenly I was dripping gasoline along the seam.

From my own observations and experience of this headache it seems to be:

- Heat, or drastic weather changes
- Vibrations in the road
- Also 25 years old

I ended up running a fuel cell because I didn't want another headache with having to take off the subframe over and over again to remove the tank, sucks that Nissan decided to discontinue this part.