View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 05:08 PM   #23
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I've kind of wondered if an S13 tank setup would fit in some of these cars.

I mentioned this in a prior comment but the WC34 (Stagea) retained the S13/R32/C33 tank location even though the rest of the chassis is updated similarly to the S14/R33/C34. Mostly so it can have a flatter load floor behind the seats rather than the fuel tank hump between the rear strut towers that the other cars have. It's actually a plastic tank in the WC34 but the same piece was also used in the BNR32 GT-R... anyone know if R32 GT-Rs have tank cracking problems?
S13 or any other metal fuel tank really. As long as the capacity remains reasonable, I would be more than happy to modify the floor pan by the rear seats to accommodate a new design.

Another thing I've wondered is weight distribution. Rear seat floor pan or trunk floor pan sections wouldn't be overly difficult to redesign for a new fuel tank. A filler neck could be made to retain the same door location.

I would much rather switch to an S13 or similar fuel tank design over the S14. Out of all the S13's I've owned, only a handful have had fuel leak issues and 95% of them were from being punctured while bottoming out or backing into something. The rest had small leaks from the O-rings and were all easily resolved.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote