View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #128
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_240 View Post
Megasquirt...has everything you need and want at a reasonable price
Whereas I respect your opinion due to the fact that MS is a viable option and has a lot going for it considering the price, I would not personally choose it due to the learning curve. It isn't the easiest system to implement, and requires a great deal of research to get initially set up and tuned.

MS, along with Nistune, are probably the cheapest options for engine management. Nistune being ultimately the easier of the two, and MS being quite a bit more powerful.

I initially looked at Nistune, and was all for it until I started adding up costs of the daughter board (DB), install of the DB, and software license. I have no problem soldering most things, but the connection points on the daughter board are fricken tiny and outside of my skill comfort zone, so I would have someone familiar with the install do it. I also did not receive an ECU with my engine, so the additional $100 to $150 for the stock ECU was also added. By that point you were looking at PFC L-Jetro territory, minus the Datalogit, and the PFC is a better option.

So I looked at MS since the price is fairly cheap. I read A LOT in the MS forums, and it seemed like implementation would be fairly difficult, though obviously not impossible, and my personal opinion was it wasn't something I wanted to get into. If NateMR2 feels it is worth the effort, then it is a viable option for a fair price.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote