View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 06:28 AM   #19
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
part 3.

couldn't stand the sakura wrap. why are vert owners like this? he used 20 self tapping screws on EACH trim piece to hold it in. i have no staple gun so i did what i could to reattach them. shift knob didn't arrive til after this pic - sorry about the silvia vent cover, i don't feel like replacing it yet.

now that the car would run long enough for the thermostat to open and circulate, I got way more junk out of the system, registered and insured it.

i started making trips to my university's car meets since i kept getting asked to bring the project. then i started taking it 36 miles each way to work once a week. i am very lucky to say that the temps didn't budge.

BUT there is more to fix! and now for the "making it slightly more cool and fixing the non-mechanical issues" part.

killing some leaks. first up was the trans sensors that always leak. i will wire up a reverse light switch when i can prioritize it.

new studs, hardware, exhaust gasket to fix the exhaust leak. notice the stud that is actually a bolt, AND the one that was snapped off in the block. that wasn't really fun.

resealed the "coolant inlet" into the block. this meant i had to take the manifold off, AGAIN.

new crank main seal. it actually exploded on my first drive. noticed oil all over my rad hoses. hasn't leaked since.

take your 240 to work day.

picked up this set of Amistad V's, which i found approximately 0 information about on the internet. bought them from someone running them on complete stock body with no pull, with coilovers. i'll drop the specs when i can verify they work.

i got hit and run on the way back from getting them. clear tails go unbelievably hard though. makes me want to get hit on the other side.

waiting on my 5 lug swap to get here!

Last edited by thermogod; 05-11-2023 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: fixed links
thermogod is offline   Reply With Quote