Thread: Na Ka Faq
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:03 AM   #7
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Companies that make cams for KADE's:

JWT
Gude
PDM Racing
Crower (used to, can do custom grinds too)
And some more I'm sure. But none reputable I can think of...

A note on valvesprings and retainers. It's been confirmed that CA and KADE valvesprings and retainers are the same. You can use CA springs and retainers in your DE. I was talking to a very reputable source that said that CA and VG springs and retainers are the same. So if this is true, for valvesprings and retainers CA = KA = VG. This means lots of choices.

I'm getting some cams (JWT) in the next week or two for my engine. I should have before and after tests on the same dyno with the cams. I'll also play with velocity stack length before and after, to help get a better idea of ideal runner length for the two different sets of cams.

Oh and SOHC pistons in a DE. I havn't tried it out yet, but It is more likely than not that aftermarket cams in a DE with stock sohc pistons will not work together. Will put the valves into the tops of the pistons. The valve reliefs in the sohc pistons do not line up with the valves in the DE. I've run this across a few reputable nissan engine builders, and they also highly doubt that cams with much higher lift than stock will work with stock sohc pistons.

And because people alway ask...

The highest hp N/A KA24DE to date puts down 365 flywheel hp. I forget the torque. 290rwhp. I want to say 25x rwtq, but don't quote me on that. This engine is used in the Nismo baja truck things. They see 11,500rpms in the air. You can buy them with a few hours on them now and then for a pretty penny. Call BS if you want, I've talked to the builder myself.