View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
PROGRESS!

Decided to get some shit done yesterday. I had been struggling with the subframe bushings for quite some time, they refused to go in or would go in sideways, It was driving me nuts. I found a flap sanding wheel, ran it thought all the holes, then beat the living hell out of them until they finally went in. It wasn't fun, but it was worth.

Then I got to work on all the arms, super straight forward here. Really like the Voodoo13 eccentric lockout kit and the arms were super easy to install and get adjusted.

I got to work on the rear coliovers next. They looked to be in horrible shape, but they really aren't that bad just chipping paint and surface rust. Took me quite a bit of time to get them apart and the lower sleeves refused to come off, but it doesn't really matter though because the front Tanabe's are not height adjustable.

Front coilovers were SUPER easy to get apart, other than having a shit ton of preload which was annoying. Pretty happy to say all 4 coils are still in great shape and will last me until I can get a new set.

Got to work on my Z32 brake setup, took me forever to get the Z knuckles stripped down thanks to bolts that were frozen... Finally got it all off and on the subframe though. Didn't put the brakes all on yet though, I have no idea if I have 2+2 or 2+0 e brake cables so I need to make sure they are right before I reinstall the ebrake hardware. If anyone knows how long 2+2 cables are, let me know!

I had to let the lower mounts for the rear coils sit on rust remover over night. Got up this morning and got to work on them. Took some heat and pb blaster, but they both freed up without too much effort. Threw some black pain on them to make sure they don't rust anymore.

Got to work reassembling the coils, I was going to clean them up, but decided it was just a waste of time. Shot them with some brake cleaner and called it good. Anti-seized the bodies and threaded the collars back on.

Boom, they still look like crap, but I can adjust preload and a bit of rear height so I am happy.

Lastly I put my HLSD together. Just have to toss the rear cover back on and stick it in the subframe. Its SUPER tight, really excited to see how it performs.

tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote