View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:06 PM   #66
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Also, steel is NOT a good choice for the climate lol. That's why all the steel on these old buildings is rotting away. The humidity here is bonkers during the summer months. I think mav is talking about steel-reinforced concrete buildings and corbic is talking about the roofs and outer panels of some of these 'less-than-nice- houses.
no I'm talking about steel roofs.

it is all over Asia.

It is still the cheapest way to build something that has a moderate chance of being destroyed in the next 10 years from a natural disaster.

I have friends in Taiwan and other parts of SE Asia that have lived in houses like these for generations. prior to this it was mostly houses with brick frame,wood roof structure, and tiles for roof. those come down fast.

like you already said, many of these things need to be taken with context. plenty of shoddy construction in parts of the US we all never visit...

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote