View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #40
na12uto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
na12uto is making his/her stupidity well-knownna12uto is making his/her stupidity well-knownna12uto is making his/her stupidity well-knownna12uto is making his/her stupidity well-knownna12uto is making his/her stupidity well-known
Zerolift Autolab DONT BUY FROM

Company

Zerolift Autolab
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
513-874-2508

Item Bought

S13 Redtop complete motorset
w/transmission, Ecu, harness, Ignitor

Communication

No Pms for a little while then emails
10/10 at first

2/10 after the item was purchased

Shipping

8/10
I had to email them to make sure it was going to be shipped a week after. Since I wasnt getting any emails of when it was going to be shipped out after payment was sent

Product looked nice and the motor was packaged well

Overall/Summary of experience

At first when I emailed/called/pmed them about the item and to get information on how much it will be, what it will come with, about how long it will take to ship, rules of their warranty. You know the normal stuff people would like to know before they make a big purchase like such.

After motor was received at a certified mechanics shop, it was packaged and checked for any damaged, which at the moment had nothing wrong with it. The packaging was done really well and the item was like described.

I also check to see if my warranty would be voided if I used a Wiring Specialties conversion harness. I was told it would be perfectly fine and wouldn't void the warranty which is great since I wanted to make sure everything started up fine and right away with the first turn of the key.

Everything was installed in less than a weeks time and fired up with no problems besides a little little coolant leak which was fixed right away. The next day I got to take the car home right before I had to work in the evening. The motor seemed fine, and made it to work fine..... It was until i got off work that getting home fine was not an option.
On the freeway I started to hear a knock
I jumped off the freeway right away and had the car towed back to the shop. Sadly enough my car was only alive one day out of the last year. I wasnt bothered too much since I knew there was a warranty.

This is where the problems began.

I contacted them and had no problems reporting the problem and was told they would be able to get back to me within a couple days. I let a week go by until I decided to contact them to see what the status was, just to be told that they dont know what is going on and that I need to talk to Mike (I believe they said it was) because he handles all the returns. After talking to mike he took down all my information and told me he would need some specs on the size of the motor with it on a crate. It took me two days to get the information and have it already tied down ready for them to pick it up. It took me about two weeks to get a hold of them again.
Reasons I was given over the phone
They are out of town at a drift competition (so no one is running the shop, who are you, you cant do anything for me really?)
He isnt here but will be back in a couple hours (I call back a few hours later in case the message wasnt relayed... apparently he isnt coming today)
no one answered my calls (this happened a lot)

All my emails werent responded to as well. I realize that people are busy and I can be very patient and understanding.... it took around one month and a half after trying to get a hold of them to finally have someone contact me to get the motor. They also told me it would take about a week to inspect the motor. Make sure it was a rod knock and nothing was tampered with. this was of course fine by me and I was patient again with this situation of a matter. Better yet i let two weeks go by until I decided to call them.
More excuses
Were to busy to look at the motor
What motor are you talking about
Thats up to Mike youll have to talk to him
Im sorry we will get back to you
we had to send it back to japan to have our techs look at it

My motor was just sitting there without anyone to inspect it. And I am starting to think this was all bull they were feeding me.

I knew that they could be busy but to the point where they are still posting random shit on sell here on Zilvia wasnt cool since they werent keeping me updated as well as not answering my calls.
Here is what pissed me off. They ended up having another crate of motors that they posted for sale here on Zilvia. I didnt get a motor from them at all from that shipment and they sold out i was told...... Ok now wtf I already bought a motor, I should have been a priority over the new coming customers. This happened again with their last shipment and I never got a call back from them when they said ok we are going to get a motor ready for you and contact you

I cut the end short cause it was a lot of running around

My final view of the company was unprofessional, poor communication and customer service was SHITTTTAY. As a paying customer I was taken advantage of and screwed. I would say look elsewhere before buying a motor, unless you are in driving distance from them.... cause then you can go Street Fighter IV on their asses when they mess up lol