View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #99
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Never really updated this after the fabrication was done. I picked the car up about a week after the last post; everything looks amazing on the car. Exhaust sits perfectly flush with the bottom side of the frame rails with the flex section tucked up out of the way. FMIC core has soo much ground clearance yet low enough to let air come in to the radiator (I may add a little ducting depending on what temps I see. But, got it home and began dealing with a crisis.

I'll preface this..the entire buying experience with CBF Performance was a weird from the start. Fuck Jason Farmer, and fuck CBF Performance....Absolute worst business I've ever had the displeasure to deal with.

I get the shifter in, and tightened down before the car went to the shop. There was some side to side play, very notchy swing and it wasn't even in gear. I email Jason Farmer about it and he said the Delrin pivot bushing is damaged, needs to be repaired. So, we set that up, I ship my base assembly to him.

2 weeks, never acknowledges that he received it until I bug him twice in a row. Finally he says, "Yeah, I got it...I can have it fixed and mailed back before the weekend." 4 weeks later, I'm starting to get pissed off so I message the PayPal account holder I paid in to. "He's been out of the office, but I'll see what I can do".

2 weeks later, coming back from FDLB, I've now send a dozen emails, messages on social media, and zero communication. I start trying to find any ways I can contact these folks. Boom, CBF Performance business pages on FB and IG were taken down, the website had all products removed and I get worried. I hit up the PayPal account holder and tell them I just want my money back. I FINALLY get a response and am reimbursed. Drop an order for a Serial 9 through TF-Works and put this headache behind me. Shifter was in my hands in 4 days.

My wheels also showed up after being delayed at port due to the clogged shipping lanes. I witnessed this first hand while at FD; at least 50 ships anchored waiting to offload..it was insane.

Perfect stock body specs, double staggered, 17x9+17 & 18x9.5+12

Unfortunately, this has all delayed my car running. I move out next weekend and stashed the coupe at my friend's new house. I'm soo bummed about this whole thing...it really killed my momentum. I really wanted this thing moving under it's own power before we moved. I won't have much time to mess with it now that it's sitting on the other side of town.

House wise though, everything is moving soo fast now. Pluming and HVAC is done, electrical is mapped out and being wired this week along with final fire code items. We have our pre-drywall walk through on Friday so they can start closing everything up and should get our cabinets order placed with a set closing date<3

Garage size is really starting to come in to perspective..this thing is massive; I'm soo glad I bit the bullet on the expansion.

I need to get a lift ordered..