View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 04:58 AM   #111
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
they had basically delivered their country out of a depression by the time WW2 even started, which is kinda before slaves came into the workforce. Also most of their prisoner slave labor did a real shitty job and were regulated to shit that didn't matter much, and when they did work on important shit it was at the very end of the war when it was basically all over. Anyway, the point is, They didn't have any slaves when they brought themselves out of the great depression.

I feel like if we were to cut of every form of social welfare, and keep taxes the same we could reduce national debt by like a trillion a year. I haven't looked into the numbers though

Reality blows
Based on what I'm paying in taxes, it would take a little over a decade for me to pay back my "portion" of the debt. Seeing what they waste my tax dollars on, and what they should be spending them on but don't, I sure as hell ain't paying more.

I think a lot of people are feeling a huge disconnect with these people who spend the money. The only debt I have right now that I couldn't pay off immediately if I had to, is a house. That isn't how congress operates, and what's worse, for some reason they seem to think it's okay to not only spend more than they have, but spend it on wasteful shit and not really exercise any self control at all.

But yes, you hit the nail on welfare. It sickens me to know that I go to work every day and bust my ass to make this place better, and meanwhile, there's people out there who sell drugs and double dip into welfare and all sorts of other programs, and they make more than I do. Until that sort of shit stops, this situation isn't going to improve.

You know what? We have a democratic process. You know what we need? There should be a form when you file your taxes with a bunch of boxes. You can check off things like "military/defense", "schools/education", "infrastructure", "welfare programs", "other" and fill your own in, etc. they CAN'T spend your money in any area you didn't check. How many people you think would check fucking welfare, corporate welfare, or useless earmarks? I'm sure they'd find ways to weasel their way into your money based on loop holes anyway, but if that could be made to work properly, it would be amazing.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote