View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:46 AM   #5
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
^disagree with that last paragraph for sure

Anyway, I've driven both s13's and e36's and can honestly say the s13 would be by far the better choice. I really don't think I'm biased here, Just basing this off general automotive experience. Expensive to replace a single cam? Those things are practically free.

I like the e36, soft spot for the 4 door models, however I don't see myself building one for many reasons. S13's are just so easy to mess with, it's like they were designed to be modified. The e36's ive dealt with have had really stupid, annoying quirks/problems.

The e36 however does feel more solid compared to a tin-can s13, and no doubt it's a viable platform. At the end of the day though, the s13 wins for me. Good luck with whatever you choose to do
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote