View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #23772
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehr98 View Post
Hey, I have a 5 speed swapped 89 240sx with a SOHC that idles at 750rpm but I can't get the ignition timing past 10* when I unplug the tps. I've tried restabbing my distributor and making sure I'm at tdc by lining up the timing mark on compression stroke and checking the cam marks. Its a CA model that I'm trying to pass smog with and currently have no ecu codes. I've been following the manual to a T and starting to pull my hair out at this point. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
On the SOHC you have that distributor/oil pump driveshaft thing that stabs in from the bottom. It's REAL easy to get this one tooth off. If you can, get someone to look down from the top to make sure it's not turning as it goes in.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote