View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^God, that sounds terrible. I was looking for what YOU would do in that case. I got into imports and JDM cars because I love a good underdog and that's what they were in the US - underdogs to the domestics. I loved the idea that you can take a turbo four & just about double it's peak output to rival or beat most older US V8's.

This mindset has carried over to how I view the Genesis coupe, new Mustang and BMW 335i vs M3... Take the smaller displacement turbo engine & surpass the larger v6 or v8 for less money, but more work...

But if the S-chassis came from the factory offering a turbo 4 base mode & a 4.5L V8 premium model, the premium wouldn't really be an underdog. Maybe ppl who have driven VH powered 240's will chime in on if the SR would still be relevant to them.

Geez, I wish a mod would show up around here so I can get the poll added....