Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 07:51 PM   #682
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I have been reworking my oil filter relocation, cooler lines and thermostat location to better serve me. While the location it has been in works great, it prevents me from running an oil temperature sensor in a spot that allows me to collect the temps pre and post cooler. As we all know, the way the thermostat works is it blocks off the feed to the cooler when the oil temps are below activation point, returning the oil back to the motor. When the thermostat opens, it allows flow through and back the same channel to feed back into the motor. So, this little bracket, allows me to angle the thermostat block in such a manner, that I can now get the temps with and without the thermostat open. Giving me an accurate temperature at all times. You can make our the little RIFE sensor at the bottom right corner in one of the photos.

Along with that bracket, I am working on a setup to allow my windshield washer reservoir to be located in roughly the same spot as factory, albeit rotated the long way to allow room for my charge pipe. No images yet.

I also started to fit the Navan bumper, which is taking some massaging due to the FMIC and the foam filler panel. Apparently, the USDM foam is different than the JDM version, as it is quite a tight fit. I believe I’ll have to do some massaging at the outer most corners. I’ll probably wait until Summer to mount the Fugel Plate lip, as winter has set in and it changes how malleable the KBD is. I want to get the lip secured correctly the first time. I’ll get some photos up next time.

Last but not least, I picked up this kit. RT hasn’t been around for awhile, but I have been think about swapping out my spherical bearing S14 knuckles to something with a bit more compliance. So why not swap out to something lighter at the same time.