View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 07:18 AM   #430
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Im gonna ask a big question... especially since no one can give a direct answer as the term came from the Volkswagen scene.

WHAT IS OEM+?????

to me it seems like a blanket term for youngins who are far past us old dudes that use OEM+ to describe "OEM" style aero with factory "type x" lights and upgrades ("type x" aero is actually called 180sx kouki aero btw)

back in our day... OEM aero was just OEM aero.

INPUT PLEASE because the term makes NO SENSE in my mind!
I first heard of the term back in my watercooled VW owning days (circa 2001) as a reaction to the typical VW show car look of that era (candy colors, Vader body kits, aftermarket everything). Since US-spec VWs were always so watered down just like Nissans there was a ton of room for customization between euro-market parts, Audi and Skoda parts, etc. to create something that was personalized and amazing but still within the bounds of "how the factory could've done it"

It was just like what we used to call "JDM" before that term got bastardized to mean cars with lots of Japanese *aftermarket* parts, drift sluts, etc. It was the same look... one of the cars that got me into the 240SX was Slide Squad Mark's Silvia conversion:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...drifting-cars/
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote