View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #92
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
UPDATE:
Radiator should be here early next week. Now its a prototype so there's always a chance its going to overheat or need to be changed slightly, but myself and the builders have confidence it will work well. To give you guys some preliminary information on it, its 23" wide, 13" tall, horizontal flow, dual pass, dual core, utilizing 1" tubes in each row. With these dimensions, you should not have to cut your core support at all, be able to run two 11" fans on a shroud (we have a 2800 cfm pair of puller fans on the way), and the AC hoses will still have the clearance needed to route on each side of the rad. This same supplier runs a very similar setup on a 900hp big block car without any overheating issues. That being said, they arent running AC, nor do they have a large intercooler core blocking most of the airflow. So it'll be interesting, but I am siked to see what the added space between the rad and the pulleys does for extracting heat, as well as running two quality fans with a proper shroud design.

All of this is being done because we were seeing freeway cruising temps in the 199-203 range with the condenser installed/AC off. While some may argue this is fine, the tubular topmount/twin gate setup on this car obviously radiates more heat that some other set-ups out there and I cant blame him for wanting to bring the temps down as much as possible. Now his initial cooling set-up was an Ebay rad, no shroud, and two ebay 12" fans that probably didnt move more than 900 cfm combined, so this doesn't particularly mean that your cars will run hot just from putting the condenser in there.

Radiator Pricing: Trying to keep this competitive, prob around $400 + shipping. My biggest reason for wanting to avoid radiators initially was the cost. Custom rads are never cheap, especially in made-to-order, smaller volume quantities. I've done business with the current supplier in the past and they give me what I think is a fair price, no doubt about it. My desire to offer radiators isn't to profit from them but rather to be able to guarantee a good, solid option that will work with my AC kits. After I get the Rad, add the mounting brackets, add the condenser mounting tabs, and build a fan shroud, I'll be in it over $400 myself. But with larger orders I may be able to get this cost down, which I can then pass on to everyone. But like I said, this is all speculative as I have yet to install and test this Radiator.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this and for your patience as I work to get this setup as dialed in as I can before shipping out a bunch of kits. I dont want you guys overheating, but I really dont want your cars overheating haha