View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #111
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Sorry for the lack of response guys. I do all of this stuff on the side and have been swamped with Evo ac stuff lately as well. I tried to answer everyone below, but for those who need the quick answer; the radiator is still installed and working great, but he's had other issues with the car (unrelated to AC/cooling), so we don't have the results of the system with the added load of the compressor yet. As soon as I do, I will post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD260R View Post
This is good, I have/had AC in my RB26DETT swapped S14 using the oem R32 AC compressor. I used the S14 low pressure hose and welded into the R32 hose fitting, The high pressure line worked like oem BUT!!! now I've changed to a EFR turbo with the new Full Race manifold IWP and I am back to sqaure one. The R32 AC compressor is to long and hits the manifold runner with out the hose, so I was forced to get a R34 AC compressor which is shorter (less deep) and now I have to change both the low/high hose's because the R32 fittings don't mate to the R34 ones. I think my oem S14 fitting might of fit the R34 low side but have no clue as I have tossed that peice I cut off. I'd go this route if it would clear the new manifold because I wanted to get a new S14 condensor but no one has any I might have to flush it out but anyhow do you have the measurements of the fittings? my R34 AC compressor ID are as such:

Low Pressure side: 21.32mm or .839 inch
High Pressure side: 15.3mm or .602 inch

high pressure side at condensor: 12.58mm or .495 inch

If this kit would work I'd only need the condensor part but I'm curious to know if your modded fitting would clear on the LP side.
I've already moved my condensor and radiator about 2" forward if I recall correctly, ugh the things we do for creature comforts.
I can get measurements for you, they are probably different but some models do cross over. How large is that compressor? What kind of manifold runner/wg (EFR internal gate?) clearance do you have for the fittings coming off the compressor? I've got both the "tucked radiator" condenser (slightly smaller in size) and the standard mount that you could use, just might need to modify the brackets that mount it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_GUTTI View Post
Excelente Job Alex! Please keep us posted
Thank you! So far so good with daily use, but we still dont have AC working yet (customer has had some other setbacks with the car). I will update as soon as I have some data for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyM3 View Post
i have a question, was wondering if you could help me out on how to get my compressor to turn on safely once if i had all components installed. may i pm you about this?? (1jz s13)
Yeah man whatever you need, hit me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
This is cool. The real test is running the ac to see if the cooling system can handle the added heat. Here in Texas we have had quite a few 100+ degree days.
I agree 100%. Still waiting on this, I know it's taking forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricnynel0s View Post
I am def interested, I have a r32 gtr what some genius destroyed half of the ac setup, so I would def be interested in this, im actually debating doing a mechanical fan setup. I would need everything to do this.
Tucked or standard mount? Would definitely want standard if planning to use a mechanical fan I would assume

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodl35 View Post
I'm really interested in the whole radiator/condenser/drier setup for my s14/r33 rb26 configuration.
I am glad you like the kit! Which compressor do you have/intend to run?